Website Starfish Accounting
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, and numbers-obsessed?
- Comfortable working closely with clients to problem solve and give advice?
- A Xero wiz?
- An accountant with AAT level 4, ACCA, or ACA qualiﬁcations?
Then you sound like Team Starfish's Next Junior Accountant!
You’ll be a signiﬁcant part of our Making Tax Digital for Income Tax Self Assessment roll out, and in charge of duties like:
- Managing a portfolio of sole trader, partnership, and landlord clients
- Performing income tax computations
- VAT return review and preparation
- Managing multiple Xero conversion projects and associated client training
- Planning workﬂow, including: chasing client records, planning timetables, conducting weekly meetings and identifying potential risks
- Liaising with HMRC
You’re an attentive and dedicated junior accountant who’s excited to work closely with women in business. You know that being on top of the little things makes life easier, and are prepared to listen and give advice when our clients need to make big business decisions.
We’re a positive bunch who value family time, genuine relationships, and great chats over a cup of coﬀee (or a cheeky glass of wine!). Together, we’re the support system that business owners deserve, and we do what we can to make their lives better.
As part of the team, you’ll also live out our ﬁve values: give appreciation, take ownership, show understanding, set expectations, and be open.
This is a part-time role based in our oﬃces near Maidenhead. Exact days and hours are ﬂexible (we’re mostly working mum’s here – we get it!) We’re quite rural, so reliable transportation is a must!
Salary: between £25k and £29k pro rata.